Many types of roof racks are available for transporting your SIC board. Some roof rack attachments are made specifically for carrying Paddle Boards. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for using SUP specific roof racks.
Other roof racks may be used to transport your SIC board. Follow these simple steps to help ensure your board is not damaged during transportation.
- Secure the board to roof racks using high quality straps
- Do not over-tighten the straps, as this can damage the board
- Place the board on the racks with the fin or fin box facing the sky
- Place the board on the racks with the fin or fin box located towards the front of the vehicle
- Use a cushion on the racks to reduce wear and tear on the board
- Use a cushion on the straps to reduce wear and tear on the board
- Always ensure that there is sufficient distance between the two racks to securely support the board at high speeds
- Avoid driving too fast. The boards have a large surface area and driving at high speeds can cause damage to the board or your vehicle.